Thursday, May 3, 2012

half my life

I've always loved this line from the song and had enough time over the weekend to sit down and really spend some time playing in photoshop.

This is the most complex digital collage I've made so far and I'm quite happy with it. The little girl isn't me but I love her frizzed out hair and wistful little expression. I extracted her with a rough edge so that she blends a bit with the book. Added the torn paper peeking out of the book.

There are two papers plus an overlay for the background. Added the grungy cluster along the left, the turquoise sparkly sequin waste circles, the black dot curlycues at left and the top and bottom banners. I erased part of the paper clip to get it to look right, and tinkered with drop shadows but I'm doing them the lazy way, using the photoshop one instead of creating my own. When I have more time, I'll learn the better way. Did a lot of copies with different blending modes to get it all soft and oldish looking.

Love the font. It's called Crow Scratch from Crowabout Studios. She makes a lot of neat stuff. Most everything else is from Scrapbookgraphics. I've got to go find that macro that keeps track of every element you use so that it's easy later to give credit to all the right sources.

3 comments: