Sunday, May 27, 2012

playing with brushes

In Photoshop, that is. I kept seeing brushes this, brushes that on digital sites and finally downloaded a bunch of freebies from this great site. Then I opened a background of aged tan paper and cruised thru the teeny weeny thumbnails of the brushes and tried all the interesting looking ones on the page. I didn't have anything in mind when I started, just wanted to play with brushes enough to see if it was something I wanted to use in digital layouts. The answer is a resounding YES and I ended up really liking the random look of the test page.

There's a bit of everything on there. Birds, trees, splats, spilled coffee stains, flourishes, rain drops, splashed water, grunge marks, cracks, post marks, wings, vintage postcard backs.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really like the way this looks. It would make a great collage on canvas or postcards or background for ATCs. I always wondered how one would go about getting that overlay look. Very cool! Hugs.
    bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? the first time I commented didn't take. Well, try again. OOOh, I love this. I love the vintage feel. This would make a great wall picture or collage. Maybe copy it a number of times and use it for ATCs or postcards. I especially like the grunge and plant overlay. I always wondered how other artists got that look. Keep it up...it's very cool! Hugs. bb

    ReplyDelete