Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gypsy Diaries - travel

Did another spread in the Gypsy book on Sunday. I had in my head that she would be a musician but then when I went looking for other elements for the page, I saw the compass rose; and I'd just come across some old stamps in my stash, so she turned into a traveler instead. And the butterfly... well, I don't know. I'm not really a butterfly person but the page needed something more. I doodled all over it (the butterfly) with metallic markers and it looks ok there, altho the right side seems kinda bare still.

Thank god for Michaels 50% off coupons cause I really *needed* the Sakura metallic gel pens for this project. Much better at $7.50 than $14.99. Even at $7.50 I hope they last a good long while. I used them for the lettering.

Anyway, I like the colors in this one. I'm trying not to be all matchy matchy with this like I have a tendency to be, but I still used gold and turquoise elements and markers to go with the girl's clothes. It all shows up well against that plum colored metallic background paint.




1 comment: