Sunday, July 13, 2014

gelli printing on black

I've been a gelli printing fool lately. Pamela was over for that one day, then my friend Julie-in-July came for 4 days, one of which we spent cranking out gelli prints. And tomorrow I'm leaving for an over nighter with my friend Moneka.

Guess what we're going to do?

Yup. Gelli printing. Cause her 13yo grand daughter is visiting, so I'm taking all my gelli stuff, plus my book binding supply box, and we're going to make cool prints the first day, then make some simple journals with them t he next. Also going to show her how to make a zine somewhere in there. Should be a fun-filled 2 days. Supposed to be around 105F both days, so we'll be spending some time in her pool too. I haven't crammed myself into my bathing suit since 2005 when we snorkled the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Should be... interesting.

Anyway, I did some gelli printing on black card stock and it came out kinda cool. Not sure why I haven't tried it before, but I'll be doing it again, for sure.






5 comments:

  1. Cool. I got some black postcard sized stock last week and did some stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fabulous plan -- gelli printing and bookmaking. Have fun! And love the cards on black stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - these are great! I have scads of black paper! Isn't it funny how an idea occurs and is successful and it seems so obvious in retrospect? I love things on black backgrounds and it's surprising I haven't thought of this either. Now I'm totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of black postcard gelli-prints! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried black paper either - you got great results. Hope you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete