Monday, May 19, 2014

2 postcards

Got fired up and made a couple postcards over the weekend. Acrylic paint backgrounds with some gel stick and oil pastel blending. The photo is one of the houses I lived in as a kid. I'm gradually using up most of my old family pictures. There's no one to leave them to after me and I'd rather get the enjoyment of arting with them than have them end up in a junk shop or the trash.

That's me on the porch in one and by the swing set in the other. I look about 7 or 8 there and don't remember much about it except that we had a German shepherd named Jim Bowie. Added a torn strip of book text, some circles from a magazine, and a few words from a large print book.




9 comments:

  1. REALLY Special memories! Thanks for sharing = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are totally gorgeous, just the perfect combination of background and layout. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FAB! I love the way you use your old photos.....I have a bazillion and I know the boys won't want them. I should dig them out and copy you - make art with them!!! :) Watch your mailbox...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are excellent. I love the contrast of the abstract scraps and the detail of the photograph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the backgrounds...the colors just seem to glow with vibrancy!

    ReplyDelete