Wednesday, October 29, 2014

postcard re-do post

As I suspected, the photos I snapped with the tablet camera were pretty bad so here are the postcards again but scanned this time, the only way to go with flat items, IMHO.

And since I'm sitting at a regular computer with a normal keyboard, I'll even do some commentary.

These are all available so if you like one, shoot me an email or leave a comment and I'll send it off to you. Don't be shy - I made them to send, so claim one if it grabs you.

These 3 elements were all random things that I kinda liked
but couldn't figure out exactly what to do with. Then I came across the
"growing old gracefully" in my words box and the three stages
of a woman's life zipped thru my mind - child, woman, old and gray.
The dog seemed fitting as stage 3 since it's
what I see in the mirror some mornings lol.

The school girls shot was from a calendar and the silly knocked-kneed
lady is from a park brochure my traveling friend Julie-in-SD gave
me a while back. Whistler Canada, maybe? Julie, are you reading this?
I liked the images together and found some words that fit.

These two odd images of men kept turning up as I sifted thru
the box looking for things to use. Normally I like things in
threes - the golden rule of thirds - but I had nothing else that
went with these so did them like this and ended up liking
it well enough. Bizarre words to go with them and
played with drawing frames.

This woman is actually hanging from gymnastic still rings.
It was an add for something or other, no idea now, and I just
liked the long image. Added some color to perk it up
and an enigmatic question.

There was a series in a magazine of this man making various faces.
They all looked about like these and I've used a couple of them
on cards months ago. The newspaper phrase seemed perfect.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I just somehow lost my comment re the two men with the smelly problems...but I love them for some reason an hope they are still available...Hi Leslie! We have no leaves left and a good possibility for snow this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the smelly men too! (but bigFRICKINmamabird can have them!) :-)

      Delete
  2. The woman from Whistler was a pioneer of some sort - can't remember her name...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to lay claim to the Whistler one lol. Happy to do a swap with you as I would love to use some of my stuff up too! (the other Julie you know)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. well...my fav is the bottom one with the guy with the smiling face!

    ReplyDelete