Wednesday, December 21, 2011

stencil fun

I've been watching Julie FFB play with her stencils since they first came out and I finally couldn't stand it any more so I ordered some. I got mine from Collage Stuff, but Julie sells them on her site also. I bought Harlequin, Cubist, Wonky Circles, and Chevron in the 6x6" size. Tonite I hauled out my box of sprays and distress inks and a few ink pads and went to town.

These are really fun, easy to use, make cool pages, can be used in a zillion ways, will last forever with just a bit of care, and don't cost a heck of a lot. I call that a product worth having.

harlequin with blue jeans, then vintage photo distress stains

wonky circles with an ink pad, then chevron with wild honey, then harlequin with another ink pad
 
cubist with spun sugar distress stain

chevron with fired brick and then wild honey distress stain

cubist with purple spray ink

wonky circles with walnut spray ink, then harlequin with blue jeans distress stain

chevron with green spray ink

all 4 stencils

the products I used

my messy art desk

long shot of desk cause I love seeing other people's work spaces, so I figure you might too

2 comments:

  1. Wow, neat results. Maybe this is what I need for my Sketchbook pages. Looks like you had fun and got lots done in a short time. bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I'm so glad that you had fun!

    ReplyDelete