Thursday, January 13, 2011

torn paper swap ATCs

For this swap, you could use only torn paper. No stamps, no scissors, no nothing except paper, your nimble fingers and glue.

I took some ATC blanks, a couple glue sticks and a box of misc papers to my Monday morning coffee cloche with a knitting friend. I tried a couple landscapes which shall remain unposted because my art skills are really lame. Then I tried something else, which is in the other room right now and I can't remember what it was, but it was bad, too.

Then I started playing with a Chinese newspaper I'd grabbed at the library last week. There was a city scape but it was too wide for the card, so I got the brilliant idea to scrunch it up and have the wrinkles be a design feature. It worked pretty well and I finished it off other bits from the paper. It's a technique I'm going to use more often cause it provides visual interest and texture without a lot of bulk or weight.






The next one is all bits from old books, plus Alexander Hamilton for absolutely no particular reason other than he seemed to go with it, then found the definition of 'tear' in a dictionary and added that. it's a real mish-mash of stuff but I like the overall look.


Last one is fanned out strips torn from a French textbook, plus a couple feature items from the history section of the book. I have no idea whatsoever what the text says, so if the card ends up with someone who can read French, they may be in for a surprise if it says something really odd...

No comments:

Post a Comment