Monday, June 20, 2011

June prompt - my super power

Roc posts a new prompt each month, which I didn't discover until April or so. I really liked her prompts, so I played catch up and was current for May and June. This month's was 'if you had a super power, what would it be?'
I used a previously painted spread of orange and turquoise, which really pop when next to one another. I journaled in black with neon orange and neon turquoise gel pen on their respective opposite color pages. No images on this one, just mostly writing. I'm still new enough to art journaling that I find myself veering wildly from magazine images to drawing to photos to lettering - no coherent style yet, at least not that I can discern LOL.















I discovered that neon orange gel pen on bright turquoise paint is a bitch to photograph well. The color of the left page is more true in the second photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment