Sunday, September 29, 2013

received art

A lovely card on the theme 'white' from my mail art friend Constance Rose.  The lower left piece is rustic handmade paper with bits of fibers in it. I love the stack of books with their covers removed. It makes them such a good neutral accent, especially with the raffia tie. The neat numbers on the bit of old ledger paper is wonderful. One of my all-time favorite cards. Thanks, Connie!

A very cool card on the theme of... trees from Sherry in Alaska. Never would have guessed since it's got fish all over LOL. Love the colors. It was inspired by this quote:

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

Another one from Connie on the theme of Autumn. Her backgrounds are one of the things I like most about her art. They're pretty much always hand painted, often scraped, with stamps and stenciling, and they're just great. I'm going to start doing more of that myself  instead of whipping out the gelli plate every time. Love the twisted handle on that one pumpkin. My mom always picked pumpkins with cool handles so this immediately made me think of her. Thanks, Connie!

A small work of art by Honi in New York. She does her cards on matt board with beveled edges, so they're classy even before she adds any art! This card has four layers of paper, plus the raffia tie
and a clear raised disk over the leaves. Very nice. I have at least two like this from her now, maybe three, and think I'll make a little display with them.




2 comments:

  1. These are lovely. I received one of Honi's cards too, and it's really something special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mentions! Love that fish tree!

    ReplyDelete