Thursday, October 17, 2013

Artspirations Studio workshop

There's me - Leslie52 - along the left side.
Last weekend I spent 17 wonderful hours art journaling with a bunch of other women at Tangie Baxter's Artspirations Studio in Mesa AZ. Those 17 hours happened in a 28 hour period - 5 hours Friday night (6pm-11pm) and 12 hours Saturday (10am-10pm). I've never in my life done something for 12 hours straight. It's a long time, even for something I like a lot and I got a little light headed around 5pm but a slice of pizza fixed me right up.

Gorgeous old turquoise lockers and the bird wall.
The studio exists because Tangie ran a Kickstarter campaign, hit her goal, and then worked her butt off putting it all together! I was a contributor so my name is up on the wall along with everyone else who chipped in, and it was cool to look up and see it there - kinda like having your star on Broadway!

The studio is a wonderful place, full of every art supply known to woman, tables to work at, chairs to sit and look at books in, stuff to buy, art on the walls.

One side of the paint station and the circus wall.
The workshop was good. Tangie demoed a lot of techniques and we all thrashed away on the journals her husband made for the class. I'll show mine in another post after I get it all scanned.




Tangie showing us how to do gel transfers.

The rest of the paint station.

Tangie talking to all of us sitting at tables
along the left wall, just out of sight.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that looks like such a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have sat for 12 hours with you LOL....look forward to seeing the journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Can't wait to see what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to read about a successful kickstarter project and how amazing that you were able to both contribute and then get to help the business flourish. I saw your journal in the next post and it's amazing....what a fun experience. You've got some bright, energetic, fun pages.

    ReplyDelete