Tuesday, April 8, 2014

from Linda G

Somewhere along the mail art trail I crossed paths with Linda Gibbons and we've been very informally swapping postcards back and forth for a while now. These are two recent ones from her. Thanks, Linda and I'm sure I owe you one now so it'll be going out this week!

The three images are packing tape transfers over a painted background. I love transfers cause the transparency of them allows the background to lend its own color and texture to the transferred image. I really like the minimalist black of the drawings made all the more insubstantial by being transfers.

Another neat painted background with a collaged image in the same colors. I like how the woman is easily visible but very much in tune with the paint scheme. Both cards have stitching which adds to their appeal. 

4 comments:

  1. What fun postcards these are. Would love to see a post on how to make these. Have you done one. Lots of fun to exchange these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them, Leslie. I am enamoured with packing tape, both magazine transfers and using it on the gelli plate to create top layers that are both painted and transparent. I can't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swap with Linda sometimes too and always enjoy her creativity. I think I owe her one as well. These are great and I've never tried a tape transfer....maybe it's time....

    ReplyDelete