Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MMSA blue & brown

A color combo theme at MMSA this time. My art buddy Rhonda has about a billion postage stamps and she's been sharing the wealth with me lately. When she was down a couple weeks ago, we sorted thru a big box, loosely separating them into a dozen or so categories with the non-starters going back in the box. We sorted blues and browns out while we were at it, knowing this swap was coming up.

I made a loose symmetrical grid on each of my two cards, then filled in the background with gel sticks smeared in with my fingertips. Added a few faux cancellation stamps to the ones already on the postage stamps and called them done. (my spell check doesn't like "faux", wants it to be "fax". seriously, whatever dictionary they loaded didn't include faux??)


6 comments:

  1. Love this - what a great way to use up those stamps! and I have a tonne too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this so much. Fabulous composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I like yours Leslie! I am so glad I have vacation next week so I can actually make something with the stamps we sorted!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie thanks sweet comment on my blog, love the way you have used these stamps on your cards.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. You know how I love stamps. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete