Monday, April 1, 2013

gelli orange & oranges

Hooking up to Mandarin Orange Monday for the first time with a screaming orange gelli print and some actual Mandarin oranges, which may be a bit too literal an interpretation but oh well.

Those of you who have resisted hopping on the gelli print train should consider this thought - it is the quickest, most fun way I know to make an original piece of art, time after time. Like snowflakes, no two are ever the same, and they give your art a unique look with very little effort.

Yesterday when Rhonda visited, she brought her new Silhouette Cameo and we cut this up into postage stamp type pieces which I'll use in collage and whatever else needs a bit of orange.

 I'm liking orange more and more as I age. My mom loved all the autumn colors and kept trying to dress me in them but I resisted. I still don't wear most of them as they don't complement my hair and skin but I enjoy using them in my art.

The oranges were on the mark-down cart at the grocery this morning. A full bag for 99 cents instead of the usual $4.99. I bought two so will be eating oranges like mad all week.

Also on the cart was a bag of 5 usable avocados for $1.49 - normally the price for just one avo - so we now have a large bowl of guacamole in the fridge. Yum.

Didn't do a darn thing about Easter yesterday except eat a marshmallow egg so we're having lamb chops for dinner, along with rice, and roasted carrots/broccoli/cauliflower. Looking forward to it.

6 comments:

  1. Did you get "postage stamp" scissors???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am showing my ignorance, but don't know what gelli printing is!! Will have to find out about it! Your orange images are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bright colors! I still need to try the gelli printing! Rhonda explained it to me a little while back....Would be fun with my adult class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous display of orange! And your MoM entry reminds me of some Chinese art - so subtle too.

    Thank you for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work. I love oranges too. The linky for OYGIF is now open. Hope you could join us.

    ReplyDelete