Sunday, February 3, 2013

gelli print freebies

Had another gelli printing extravaganza this afternoon while the Byonce Bowl was on. 

This time I did a bunch of cereal boxes for future postcards, putting layer after layer on them to cover up the Cheerios and Chex graphics.

I also did some of the folios for a journal I'm making. More on that in another post.

I cleaned up the plate in between colors with phone book pages. I like them cause they're thin and layer well, and the type is a great neutral background for collages.

The various mark makers this time were four 6" stencils, bubble wrap, sequin waste, crinkly packing paper, fruit bag netting (thanks, Rhonda!), the cardboard center from a roll of packing tape and a foam tube.


I made about 5 times as many as I'm showing here, but these are the coolest ones and a good assortment for freebies.

I'm tellin' you - if you don't have one of these goofy things, you're missing a whole lotta fun, and it's bargain fun after you buy the plate. 

The cheapest craft paints and free paper like the phone book are all you need.

All I have to say about the Stupid Bowl is that it's too bad the refs forgot what 'holding' looks like in the 4th quarter.









3 comments:

  1. Love these prints! Glad you found good netting to use! I wish I had more time to play with these again -- a few minutes here or there doesn't satisfy my need to have play time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent texturish delish! I found a good discovery the other day at the dollar store in those underpads that go under placemats to keep them from slipping. Tiny waffle type of pattern without worry of the paper slipping while the paint goes over it. Larger ones available for small carpets work well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that I never remember I could use things like that "useless" phone book? The pages are beautiful! Now I'm off to hunt down the Yellow Pages!

    ReplyDelete