Thursday, January 24, 2013

digital collage Time is a Circle

Inspired by all those gelli prints, I used two of them - the aqua with squares and the rustiest of the white-ish ones - as the background for this digital collage.    

The angel is a photo I took at our local cemetery.

The two brownish elements along the left side are ephemera from the CRenee Authentic Artistry II collection.

The black stamps (the overlay type things like the circles of music and the upper right corner design) are from the CRenee Collective Memories Stamps.  You can search for both those collections here in Christina Renee's section of Scrapbookgraphics.com. 

I did a fair amount of duplicate layers with various blending modes until I liked the look. The word 'time' was a prompt from week two of the Art Journal Caravan 2013. I'm just finally getting around to using it.

I'm not at all religious but I like the stone angel, and the overall feel of this is sort of cosmic to me. Maybe the circles remind me of the paths of the planets or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment